No matter how sweet and photogenic kids can be, when there is a difference in ages getting everyone to look great in one shot can be a challenge. Two recent shoots I realized that no matter how old kids are they all have a mind of their own and a tolerance that they choose, not mom, dad or me!
Some ideas on how to achieve an ideal shoot with more than one child.
- Naps- Try to get them down before the shoot
- Treats- Offer an incentive at the end of the shoot
- Outfits- Come ready if booking a full session start with the most comfortable outfit
- Start with the group shot and when they start to wiggle move on and take individuals and candids then try again
- Dont worry so much about the perfect family photo! Sometimes crying or pouting can be the memory you will want to remember.